This will seem like bragging, but in retrospect I really did rather well at Cambridge. These are the prizes and scholarships I was awarded over my four years:
- Emily Davies Scholarship (twice)
- Henry Tompkinson Scholarship
- Beatrice Mills Prize
- Rosalind, Lady Carlisle Prize
- Raemakers Prize
- Accenture Second Year Computing Prize
- i2 Ltd. Third Year Computer-Based Project Prize
Of course, those successes paled into insignificance alongside the accomplishments of some of my peers at certain prestigious inner-city colleges, but I think I did okay for a hick from the sticks (i.e. a Girtonian)!
Edit: I forgot to mention that I also blagged a (large) award from the academic funds for a plane ticket to a conference at MIT. But that was more of a success in terms of "social engineering" than actual engineering!